Ham and Rice Dish
|Uncooked long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Orange marmalade||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Cubed ham||4 Ounce|
1. In a vessel, start cooking rice without butter and salt.
2. Remove the rice from heat when almost done, but not completely cooked.
3. In a small skillet, add butter and almonds and toast the almonds slightly
4. Add orange marmalade and thoroughly heat.
5. In a 2-quart deep casserole dish, spread half of the rice, half of cubed ham and half marmalade mixture.
6. Again layer with remaining rice, remaining ham and remaining marmalade mixture.
7. Cover and bake at 200 degrees centigrade for about 30 minutes.
8. Remove cover and bake for another 5 minutes for coloring.
9. Serve hot.