Veal And Wild Rice In Casserole
|Wild rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), rinsed|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chicken seasoned stock base||1 Teaspoon|
|Veal cutlet||2 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Instant minced onion||2 Teaspoon|
|Chervil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground savory||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Season all||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned mushrooms||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Commercial sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) Cut the veal into 3 to 4 inch pieces.
3) In a pan, add the water, seasoned stock base and cook, covered, for 45 to 60 minutes, until rice is fluffy and water is absorbed.
4) In a skillet, saute the veal in butter, until browned.
5) Stir in the onion, chervil leaves, thyme, savory, Season-All and wine.
6) Remove from heat, then stir in the mushrooms with liquid, mix thoroughly.
7) In a 2-quart baking dish, transfer the mixture and top with pieces of veal.
8) In the skillet, stir the sour cream into the wine-herb mixture, stirring continuously, until thoroughly blended.
9) Pour over the veal and sprinkle with paprika.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
11) Serve the Veal and Wild Rice in Casserole immediately.