Cornish Hens Stuffed with Wild Rice
|Cornish hens||4 Pound (4 Hens, 1 Pound Each)|
|Wild rice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), rinsed|
|Water||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Chicken seasoned stock base||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parsley flakes||2 Teaspoon|
|Bon appetit||3 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Instant minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, coarsely ground|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) Rinse the Cornish hens, pat dry and keep aside.
3) In a pan, add the rice, water and seasoned stock base together.
4) Cover and cook for about 50 minutes, until the rice is tender and all the water is absorbed.
5) Stir in 1/4 cup butter, basil leaves, cinnamon, parsley flakes, 2 teaspoons Bon Appetit, onion, pepper and salt; mix thoroughly.
6) Stuff the rice mixture in the cavities of Cornish hens.
7) Cover the outer visible stuffing with aluminum foil during the first 30 minutes of cooking .
8) In a small bowl, mix the 1/4 cup butter and 1 1/2 teaspoons Bon Appetit together.
9) Brush the stuffed Cornish hens with the seasoned butter.
10) Roast in the preheated oven 20 minutes, then lower the heat to 350°F and roast for another 45 minutes.
11) Baste occasionally with the seasoned butter, until the drumstick twists easily and the hens are evenly browned.
12) Garnish the Cornish Hens Stuffed with Wild Rice with the lettuce and pineapple slices, top with the cream cheese-filled prunes and serve.
Calories 1254 Calories from Fat 778
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g133.7%
Saturated Fat 32.1 g160.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 518.6 mg172.9%
Sodium 1146 mg47.8%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 83 g166.6%
Vitamin A 29.8% Vitamin C 9.4%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 37.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet