Sausage and Wild Rice Casserole
|Bulk pork sausage||3⁄4 Pound|
|Bell pepper flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned pimento||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Wild rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken seasoned stock base||2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), hot|
|Condensed cream of mushroom soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned mushrooms||2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Instant minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Marjoram leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Thyme leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated american cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) In a large skillet, crumble and brown the pork sausage.
3) Stir in the pepper flakes and celery and cook, until the celery is tender.
4) Pour off the excess fat from skillet.
5) Drain and chop pimiento, stir into the sausage mixture along with rest of the ingredients, mix thoroughly.
6) In a 3-quart casserole, turn the skillet mixture.
7) Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until the rice is tender.
8) Serve the Sausage and Wild Rice Casserole, immediately with some freshly tossed crisp green salad and dessert.