|Rice||4 Cup (64 tbs), rinsed and drained|
|Coconut milk/3/4 cup canned unsweetened mixed with 3/4 cup water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Homemade)|
1) In a large saucepan or flameproof casserole, add rice, cumin, turmeric, salt, coconut milk and 5 1/4 cups of water.
2) Allow the mixture to soak for 30 minutes.
3) Place the pan over moderate heat and bring it to a boil.
4) Reduce the heat to low and cook, covered, for 15 minutes.
5) Remove the pan from the heat and stir the rice once.
6) Keep the cover on and allow to stand for another 10 minutes.
7) Serve the rice hot with your choice of side dish.