Fried Rice Patties
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Cooked rice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||5 Tablespoon (Use 1/4 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Minced parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a small saucepan, add 2 tablespoons butter and melt over moderate heat.
2) SautÃ© onion for 5 minutes by stirring, until tender.
3) In a medium bowl, add cooked rice and flour. With a fork combine the ingredients by tossing until all the grains are coated.
4) Fold in beaten eggs, salt, pepper, parsley and cooked onion. Mix properly.
5) Use a 1-cup measure, to form 12 flat patties about 3 inches in diameter.
6) Place the patties between 2 sheets of wax paper and place inside microwave to cook at High power for 1 minute. Alternatively, place the patties on a tray or baking sheet lined with wax paper and refrigerate for 1 hour.
7) In a large heavy skillet, add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and olive oil. Heat up over moderately high heat. When the fat is foaming, carefully place half of the patties in the pan.
8) Cook the patties until golden, about 2 minutes per side.
9) Transfer on paper towels to drain out excess oil. Fry the remaining patties.
10) In a serving platter, serve 2 patties and pass ketchup or dip on side.
Calories 352 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.4%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92 mg30.7%
Sodium 108.4 mg4.5%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 7 g13.4%
Vitamin A 10.9% Vitamin C 9.9%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 16.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet