|Uncooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Curry powder/1 pinch ground saffron / 1 teaspoon ground turmeric||2 Teaspoon|
|Bouillon/Water||4 Cup (64 tbs), boiling|
1) In a pan, saute the rice in the butter or oil for 2 or 3 minutes, until opaque.
2) Stir in the salt and saffron or turmeric or curry powder, mix thoroughly.
3) Pour in 3 cups water or bouillon, cover and cook over a low heat for 16 to 20 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
4) Stir lightly and add some more water or bouillon, after 18 minutes, if required.
5) Serve the Yellow Rice, immediately on individual serving plates.