Fried Rice With Water Chestnut
|Minced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Cooked rice||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Cooked ham/Chicken / pork / shellfish||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Slivered water chestnuts/Bamboo shoots / both||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), or chopped|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced or chopped|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
1) In a pan, saute the onion in the oil, until lightly colored.
2) Stir in the rice and saute over a low heat for 2 or 3 minutes.
3) Stir in the meat, water chestnuts, mushrooms , mix thoroughly.
4) Stir in the soy sauce, eggs, and seasonings, stir and cook over a low heat for 2 or 3 minutes, until the eggs are cooked.
5) In a suitable bowl, pack the rice then unmold on a warm serving dish.
6) Garnish with the chopped green onions or some slivered meat, if desired and serve the Fried Rice, immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 419 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 81 mg27%
Sodium 238.4 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.64 g2.6%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 10 g19.2%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 0.28%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 17.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet