Fried Rice With Water Chestnut
|Minced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Cooked rice||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Cooked ham/Chicken / pork / shellfish||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Slivered water chestnuts/Bamboo shoots / both||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), or chopped|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced or chopped|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
1) In a pan, saute the onion in the oil, until lightly colored.
2) Stir in the rice and saute over a low heat for 2 or 3 minutes.
3) Stir in the meat, water chestnuts, mushrooms , mix thoroughly.
4) Stir in the soy sauce, eggs, and seasonings, stir and cook over a low heat for 2 or 3 minutes, until the eggs are cooked.
5) In a suitable bowl, pack the rice then unmold on a warm serving dish.
6) Garnish with the chopped green onions or some slivered meat, if desired and serve the Fried Rice, immediately on individual serving plates.