Turkey and Wild Rice Casserole
|Wild rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Special oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Mushrooms||1 Pound, sliced|
|Chopped onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Diced cooked turkey||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Blanched sliced almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Yogurt||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) Rinse the wild rice thoroughly with water.
3) In a pan, cover the rice with water and bring to a boil; turn off the heat, and allow to soak for 1 hour, then drain thoroughly.
4) In a skillet, saute the mushrooms and onions in 3 tablespoons oil for 10 minutes.
5) In a large bowl, combine the sauteed vegetables, drained wild rice, salt, pepper, turkey, almonds, chicken broth and yogurt together, mix thoroughly
6) In a greased casserole, turn the mixture, cover and bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/4 hours.
7) Uncover, drizzle the mixture with 3 tablespoons oil and bake for another 20 minutes.
8) Serve the Turkey and Wild Rice Casserole hot.