Rich Fried Rice With Peanut Butter
|Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into julienne|
|Diced ham||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Shrimp||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked, diced|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried ground chili peppers||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cashew nuts||2 Tablespoon|
|Peanut butter||4 Tablespoon|
1) Wash the rice under cold running water for several times and drain.
2) In a saucepan, place rice along with broth and bring to boil.
3) Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
4) Remove and spread on a flat surface to cool and dry.
5) In a deep skillet heat oil and sautÃ© the onions and garlic for 10 minutes.
6) Add rice and sautÃ© until browned, stirring frequently.
7) Mix in chicken, ham, shrimps, cumin, chilli peppers, coriander, cashew nuts and peanut butter.
8) Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9) Serve hot, garnished with scallions.
Calories 695 Calories from Fat 310
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.3%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 100.8 mg33.6%
Sodium 742.8 mg30.9%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.8%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 38 g75.2%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 9.1%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet