|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Courgettes||8 Ounce, sliced (225 Gram)|
|Red pepper||1 , chopped|
|Yellow pepper||1 , chopped|
|Tomatoes||4 , peeled and quartered|
|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
|Long grain rice||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Stock||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Fresh thyme sprig||1|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|French beans||6 Ounce, sliced, poached for 5 minutes (175 Gram)|
|Grated gruyere cheese||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Mix together the courgettes, peppers, tomatoes and onions and place in the oil.
3. Fry the mixture over a high heat for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
4. Season with salt, pepper and marjoram.
5. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add the rice and cook for 2-3 minutes before adding the stock, thyme, bay leaf, crushed garlic and beans.
7. Bring to the boil and stir once.
8. Lower heat to simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid absorbed.
9. Serve with the grated cheese as desired.
Calories 488 Calories from Fat 148
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.5%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.2 mg0.4%
Sodium 209.9 mg8.7%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.4%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 10.6 g
Protein 16 g32.9%
Vitamin A 46.8% Vitamin C 222.8%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 15.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet