Lentil Rice Salad
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry lentils||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Regular long-grain rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Uncooked)|
|Celery rib||1 , sliced to make 1/2 cup|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Sweet yellow pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into thin strips (Or Green Pepper)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Fat free white wine vinaigrette||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), refrigerated (Bottled / Homemade)|
|Ground red cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Lettuce leaves||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm)|
|Fresh parsley sprigs||3 (For Garnish)|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Thin bread sticks||3 (For Serving)|
1. In a medium saucepan or pot, add water and bring it to a rapid boil.
2. Add lentils and rice and bring to boil again, stirring to prevent sticking to sides of the pan.
3. Lower the heat and cover the pan with its lid.
4. Simmer the rice and lentils for 20 minutes, until they are tender but not mushy.
5. Turn off the heat and let the pan stand covered for 5 minutes to complete cooking in the steam.
6. In the meantime, prepare the veggies for the salad.
7. Use a fork to fluff the rice and lentil and turn them into a medium bowl.
8. Add the veggies and the parsley and mix with forks.
9. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss lightly but thoroughly to mix well.
10. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill before serving.
11. Line salad plated with lettuce.
12. Heap the Rice and Lentil salad on top of the lettuce bed.
13. Garnish the salad with parsley, if you like.
14. Serve accompanied with bread sticks.