Lentil Rice Salad
|Dried lentils||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Long grain rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped sweet pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Red / Green Variety)|
|Shredded carrot||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sliced green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Snipped fresh basil||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato||1 Medium, cut into wedges|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, sliced|
1) Wash the lentils well and drain them.
2) In a saucepan, with the uncooked lentils combine 2 cups of water.
3) Bring to boiling and reduce heat.
4) Simmer, covered and cook for about 5 minutes.
5) Add rice and simmer for 15 minutes more.
6) Remove from heat.
7) Let it stand, covered, for 10 minutes more.
9) Rinse well with cold water.
10) Drain again.
11) Mix lentil mixture, red or green pepper, carrot, and green onions.
12) Add oil, lemon peel, lemon juice, basil, and 4 teaspoon of salt to the Tupperware Quick Shake container.
13) Apply the cap of the container and shake well.
14) Pour over lentil mixture and toss.
15) Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
16) Line 4 dinner plates with lettuce leaves.
17) Spoon lentil mixture onto each lettuce leaves.
18) Top with tomato wedges and cheese slices and serve chill.
Calories 406 Calories from Fat 187
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.7%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.8 mg9.9%
Sodium 192.5 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.5%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 16 g31.6%
Vitamin A 91.1% Vitamin C 71.8%
Calcium 24.4% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet