Spicy Fruited Rice
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), uncooked|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All spice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tart apple||1 , chopped|
|Sliced almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Boil the rice in a pot of boiling water as per its packet instructions.
2) When 5 minutes of cooking is left, mix in the raisins. Set aside.
3) In a non-stick skillet, melt margarine and saute celery and onions until they just start to turn soft.
4) Add in all spice, pepper, cinnamon along with the cooked rice. Stir for 2 minutes until all the spices blend and the rice is cooked through.
5) Lastly, stir in the chopped apple and give it a final stir.
6) Let the Spicy Fruited Rice rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
7) Garnish the Spicy Fruited Rice with toasted, sliced almonds. Serve hot.