Yellow Turmeric Rice
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled|
|Chicken stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Cumin seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Long rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) In a large saucepan, stir butter until melted over moderate-low heat.
2) Now add the onion and cook, mixing once in a while until the onion start to brown.
3) Add the cardamom and cook further for 1-2 minutes, mixing once in a while.
4) Now add the stock and 1 cup water.
5) Allow to boil then add the cumin seeds, turmeric, and rice.
6) Cook over minimum heat for 20 minutes, mixing once in a while, until the rice is soft and fluffy.
7) Serve hot with curd.