Almond Crunch Rice
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
1. In a saucepan, add stock and heat to boiling point.
2. Add rice to it and allow it to come to a boil, stirring often to prevent rice from sticking to the sides.
3. Cover with lid and simmer on low flame for 15 minutes or transfer to the middle level of a warm oven (350 degree F) for 20 minutes.
4. When rice is tender and stock is absorbed, add butter and almonds and mix in lightly without stirring too much.
5. Turn off heat, let stand covered for 5 minutes.
6. Spoon out onto a platter and garnish with chopped parsley
7. Serve hot a meat or fish.