Wild Rice A L'Orange
|Wild rice||4 Ounce (Raw, 3/4 Cup)|
|Unsalted chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Orange peel||2 Tablespoon, freshly grated|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a saucepan with a lid, combine the wild rice, chicken stock, orange peel and thyme.
3) Bring this mix to a boil.
4) Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 35 minutes or until the rice is fluffy. By now, all the liquid will also be absorbed.
5) Remove from heat and keep aside.
6) On a cookie sheet, place the almonds.
7) Heat in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until they turn golden brown. Do not burn the almonds.
8) Before serving, combine the cooked rice, toasted butter. Mix thoroughly.
9) Serve hot with salads and any side dish of your choice.