|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced or pressed|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beef bouillon||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Natural almonds||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), chopped|
|Almond||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), chopped (Natural Variety)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
1. In a 2-quart Dutch oven or skillet, melt the butter or margarine over moderate heat.
2. When it begins to froth, add the onion, pepper and garlic.
3. Cook for 5 minutes on low heat, stirring frequently, until limp but not browned.
4. Increase heat to moderate and add rice. SautÃ© another few minutes until rice is transparent and coated with butter.
5. Pour in the bouillon and add salt and cinnamon.
6. Bring to a boil, stirring often to prevent rice from sticking to the sides.
7. Cover with lid and simmer on low flame for 15 minutes or transfer to the middle level of a warm oven (350 degree F) for 20 minutes.
8. When rice is tender and stock is absorbed, add almonds and mix in lightly without stirring too much.
9. Turn off heat, let stand covered for 5 minutes.
10. Spoon out onto a platter and garnish with chopped parsley
11. Serve hot with lamb stew.