Wild Rice With Almonds
|Vegetable stock||500 Milliliter|
|Chicken stock/Vegetable stock / water||1 Pint (500 Milliliter)|
|Wild rice||6 Ounce, washed (175 Grams)|
|Almonds||1 Tablespoon, garnish|
|Almonds||1 Tablespoon, sliced (For Garnish)|
|Onion||1 Small, diced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Almonds||45 Gram, coarsely chopped|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 200Â°C (400Â°F or Mark 6).
2) In a medium-size saucepan boil water or stock.
3) Add wild rice, reduce the heat and simmer for 45 minutes until rice are cooked and water is evaporated.
4) Cover the pan and keep warm until served.
5) On a baking sheet, place the almonds and toast them in oven for 3-5 minutes until golden.
6) In a pan, heat butter or oil until over medium heat and saute onion and garlic until translucent.
7) Add chopped almonds and fry.
8) Add rice to the pan with remaining oil soy sauce and sherry.
9) Cook for 1-2 minutes and keep stirring.
10) Garnish the rice with toasted almonds and serve warm.
Calories 577 Calories from Fat 220
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.3%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.8 mg1.6%
Sodium 896.7 mg37.4%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.4%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.6%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 23 g46.7%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 6.5%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet