Plain Boiled Rice
|Long grain rice||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Boiling water||3 Pint (1 1/2 Liters)|
1. In a colander or sieve, place the rice
2. Wash under cold tap water and drain thoroughly, 3 to 4 times well.
3. In a saucepan, bring water to a rapid boil, adding a generously pinch of salt.
4. Slowly add rice to the boiling water.
5. Let boil rapidly for 8 minutes, stirring once in a while, to prevent grains from stick to the base of the pan.
6. Test for doneness by pinching a grain between the thumb and forefinger, it should be tender at the core.
7. Drain the rice into a colander and refresh under running hot water for a few seconds, to free the grains from the starchy cooking water.
8. Return the rice to the hot saucepan, cover and steam for a few minutes.
9. Fluff the rice with a fork.
10. Serve hot.