Multi Grain Stir Fry
|Purple thai rice||8 Ounce|
|Black barley||8 Ounce|
|Wheat berries||8 Ounce|
|Diced dried apples||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced dried apricots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Goji berries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Diced hazel nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Scallions||2 , chopped|
|Apple juice/White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Mise en place!
2. Cook grains according to package directions.
3. When finished, mix all the grains together and separate in half, keeping one portion in freezer container for later use.
4. In a skillet or wok, heat olive oil.
5. Add 3/4 c. (total) diced dried apples, apricots and goji berries with 1/2 c. hazel nuts, saute with rice mixture and add scallions, cilantro, cinnamon and nutmeg and 1/4 c. apple juice.
6. Heat until juice is absorbed and ingredients heated.