Multi Grain Stir Fry
|Purple thai rice||8 Ounce|
|Black barley||8 Ounce|
|Wheat berries||8 Ounce|
|Diced dried apples||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced dried apricots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Goji berries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Diced hazel nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Scallions||2 , chopped|
|Apple juice/White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Mise en place!
2. Cook grains according to package directions.
3. When finished, mix all the grains together and separate in half, keeping one portion in freezer container for later use.
4. In a skillet or wok, heat olive oil.
5. Add 3/4 c. (total) diced dried apples, apricots and goji berries with 1/2 c. hazel nuts, saute with rice mixture and add scallions, cilantro, cinnamon and nutmeg and 1/4 c. apple juice.
6. Heat until juice is absorbed and ingredients heated.
Calories 905 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.9%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 25.7 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 158 g52.5%
Dietary Fiber 25 g100.1%
Sugars 23 g
Protein 22 g44.7%
Vitamin A 61.7% Vitamin C 15.8%
Calcium 10% Iron 23.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet