Double Duty Dinner Stuffed Chilies With Beef, Rice, Spinach, And Cheese
|Chili pepper||4 Large (Moderate-Heat Poblano / Mild Italian Cubanelle)|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (More For Drizzling)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), cracked|
|Spinach||10 Ounce, tripe-washed, coarsely chopped after removing stems|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Beef broth/Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Leftover beef and rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Monterey jack cheese/Smoked cheddar / pepper jack cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
1) Preheat a grill pan or griddle.
2) Preheat broiler at high heat.
3) Seed the chili peppers and cut them into halves.
3) Drizzle little olive oil over chilies and grill them on pan over medium-high heat for 304 minutes or until tender.
4) On a baking sheet, transfer the peppers.
5) In a medium skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and saute crushed garlic for few minutes.
6) Add spinach into bunches and cook until wilted.
7) Remove spinach from the pan, set aside and drain the liquid.
8) In the same skillet, combine leftover rice and beef with broth and cook over medium heat.
9) Add tomato sauce and let it heat.
10) Into pepper halves, pile the spinach and rice.
11) To the peppers with shredded cheese liberally.
12) Under broiler, keep the peppers and let the cheese melt for 3-5 minutes.
13) Serve the warm stuffed peppers as main dinner dish.