Cheesy Green Rice
|Brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked, cooled to make 3 cups|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Ounce (At Room Temperature)|
|Monterey jack cheese||6 Ounce, well chilled|
|Parsley leaves||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Spinach||10 Ounce, frozen , defrosted, squeezed dry (1 Package)|
|Green onion bottoms||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable soup seasoning/1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon (Vegex)|
1) Preheat oven to 325Â°F.
2) In a food processor bowl with a shredding disc, process the Monterey Jack cheese until shredded, keep aside.
3) In a large mixing bowl, mix the rice and cheeses together, keep aside.
4) In a processor bowl with a metal blade, process the parsley and spinach until just finely chopped. Remove and stir into the rice mixture.
5) Process the green onion bottoms until finely chopped.
6) In a small skillet, saute the onions in 1 tablespoon oil over a medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes. Remove and stir into the rice mixture.
7) In a processor bowl with a metal blade, add the eggs,
with the machine running, pour 1 tablespoon oil, milk, Worcestershire sauce or Vegex seasoning, salt and pepper.
8) Process until well blended and stir into the rice mixture.
9) In a greased 9 x 12-inch baking dish, spread the mixture evenly at the bottom.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until firm. Remove and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
11) Slice into squares and serve immediately on individual serving plates.