Brown Rice Pancakes
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Medium unsulfured molasses||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
1) In a saucepan, stir in milk, molasses, rice. Cooking over medium flame, bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the flame and continue cookign for 5 more minutes.
2) Allow the mixture to cool down to room temperature.
3) In a large bowl, mix flour and baking powder. Add into the cooled milk and rice mixture along with a beaten egg.
4) Mix the batter well.
5) On a hot griddle, pour a tablespoon of the batter to make one pancake.
6) Serve hot Brown Rice Pancakes with maple syrup.
Calories 377 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 108.1 mg36%
Sodium 298.9 mg12.5%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22.2%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 15 g30.1%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 38.2% Iron 18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet