Brown Rice Pancakes
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Medium unsulfured molasses||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
1) In a saucepan, stir in milk, molasses, rice. Cooking over medium flame, bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the flame and continue cookign for 5 more minutes.
2) Allow the mixture to cool down to room temperature.
3) In a large bowl, mix flour and baking powder. Add into the cooled milk and rice mixture along with a beaten egg.
4) Mix the batter well.
5) On a hot griddle, pour a tablespoon of the batter to make one pancake.
6) Serve hot Brown Rice Pancakes with maple syrup.