Wild Rice and Chicken
|Wild rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), uncooked|
|Half chicken breasts||6 , boned, skinned|
|Chicken broth||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Garlic||10 Clove (50 gm), minced, pressed|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Poultry seasoning||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Green bell pepper||1 , chopped|
|Celery stalks||1 , chopped|
|Green onions||2 , chopped fine (For Garnish)|
1) Wash the Wild Rice well, at least a few times.
Drain and set aside.
2) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3) In a casserole dish, add chicken breasts, broth, garlic, soy sauce, poultry seasoning and pepper.
4) Next, add in the drained rice, mushrooms, bell peppers and celery slices. Mix well so that all the other ingredients cover the chicken breasta completely.
5) Place a lid on the casserole and bake for 60 minutes.
6) Remove the casserole from the oven, and let it rest with the lid on for about 30 minutes.
7) Serve hot Wild Rice with Chicken garnished with chopped green onion.
Calories 495 Calories from Fat 37
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.5%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 149.6 mg49.9%
Sodium 947.8 mg39.5%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.5%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 70 g140.4%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C 69.6%
Calcium 10% Iron 25.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet