Wild Rice Vegetable Casserole
|Wild rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Uncooked)|
|Celery stalks||2 Medium, each cut crosswise in thirds|
|Canned water chestnuts||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Follow package instructions to cook rice and keep aside.
2) Slice vegetables in a food processor fitted with a slicing disc or by hand.
3) Empty the sliced vegetables when they reach the Fill Level.
4) Take a 10-inch skillet; heat butter in it and stir-fry vegetables until tender.
5) Mix in wild rice and seasonings.
6) Slowly cook the mixture, covered, for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7) Serve hot.
Calories 446 Calories from Fat 207
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.3%
Saturated Fat 14.6 g72.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.5 mg20.2%
Sodium 555.6 mg23.1%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.5%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 10 g20.4%
Vitamin A 17.8% Vitamin C 13.3%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet