Yellow Squash Rice Pilau
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Yellow squash||1 , thinly sliced|
|Yellow crookneck squash||3 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Long grain white rice||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked|
|Long grained white rice||3 Cup (48 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Green onions||3 , thinly sliced|
|Sunflower seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted|
|Wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dill weed||2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 250°F and toast the sunflower seeds to a pale golden brown.
2) In a saucepan, add the squash slices and pour boiling water enough to cover them.
3) After 2 minutes remove the saucepan off the flame and drain off the water.
4) Next, add in the cooked rice, green onions, sunflower seeds and gently mix all well.
5) In a separate bowl combine the wine vinegar, dillweed, salt, pepper and both the oils.
6) Pour the vinegar mixture over the squash and rice and gently combine them all.
7) As a side dish, serve the Yellow Squash Rice Pilau chilled.