Quick Fried Rice
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Quick cooking rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Instant beef bouillon||2 Teaspoon|
|Whole eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), green and white part thinly sliced|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
1. Use a medium size (2-quart) microwaveable casserole or dish, to melt and heat the butter in the microwave for 1 minute.
2. Add the onion to the butter and cook for 2 minutes, stirring once, until limp.
3. Stir in the rice and seasonings, to coat with butter.
4. Measure water and dissolve the bouillon cube then add to the rice.
5. Cover the dish with a glass lid or with plastic wrap and return to the microwave.
6. Cook rice for about 4 minutes until rice is just tender. Stir once halfway through cooking time.
7. Allow the dish to stand covered for 5 minutes so that rice cooks in the steam and water is absorbed.
8. Add the egg gradually, stirring lightly then mix in green onion.
9. Return to the microwave and cook rice for another 2 minutes so that the egg cooks. Stir gently once to ditribute the heat.
10. Stir in the soy sauce before serving.
8. Take the casserole straight to the table and serve the rice hot.