Vegetable Sparkled Rice
|Basmati rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||2 Medium, cut into 1/4-inch dice|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Fresh ginger||2 Tablespoon, peeled, minced|
|Carrots||2 Medium, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice|
|Cinnamon stick||1 Inch (1 Stick)|
|Homemade vegetable broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a strainer, rinse rice with cold water.
2. In a large heavy pot, heat butter and oil over low heat.
3. Stir in onions, garlic, ginger, carrots, cinnamon stick, and cloves.
4. Stir and cook over medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes until the vegetables are slightly softened.
5. Add rice.
6. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes.
7. Add the broth.
8. Bring it to boil and then reduce the heat to medium.
9. Cover the pot.
10. Simmer for about 20 minutes until the rice is cooked and the liquid are absorbed.
11. When the rice is cooked, stir in the raisins and cover.
12. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
13. Using a fork, fluff rice.
14. Serve hot.