|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Finely chopped cooked beef/Lamb||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
1. In a medium-size saucepan melt butter or margarine, remove from heat and blend in flour, salt and pepper.
2. Slowly stir in milk and cook over low heat with constant stirring such that sauce thickens and boils for 1 minute and remove from heat.
3. In a large bowl combine rice, meat, onion, parsley and egg, blend in sauce, chill several hours, such that mixture is firm enough to handle.
4. Shape mixture into 8 patties, about 2 1/2 inches in diameter
5. In a large frying pan over medium heat in small amount of hot vegetable shortening sauté for about 10 to 15 minutes such that brown, turn and brown second side.
6. Optionally serve with chili sauce.