Vegetable Fried Rice
|Peanut oil||4 Teaspoon|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Ginger root||1 Tablespoon, minced, pared|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chinese cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), julienne cut|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), julienne cut|
|Cooked long grain rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Instant vegetable broth and seasoning mix||5 Ounce, dissolved in 1/3 cup of hot water (1 Package)|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Firm tofu||1⁄4 Pound, cubed|
|Frozen peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen egg substitute||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thawed|
|Scallion||2 Tablespoon, sliced (Green Onion)|
1.Take a 10 inch nonstick skillet or wok and heat oil in it.
2. Add in onions, garlic, gingerroots, onions, and stir cook over high heat until the onions become translucent. This takes about 1 minute.
3.Now add in carrot, cabbage, bell pepper and stir cook for about 5 minutes until cabbage softens.
4. Add in the rice, soya sauce, broth mix, sherry and mix to combine well.
5. Bring the rice mixture to boil.
6. Now add in the tofu and peas. Cook for about 2 minutes.
7. Pour the egg substitute over the rice mixture and stir well.
8. Cook until egg substitute gets cooked.
9. serve hot.