Black Beans And Rice
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Green pepper||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Ripe tomatoes/4 canned italian plum tomatoes||2 Medium, drained and coarsely chopped|
|Ripe tomatoes/Canned italian plum tomatoes - 4, drained and coarsely chopped||2 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cooked black beans/15 ounce can black leace||2 Cup (32 tbs), or canned, drained and rinsed|
|Cooked black beans/1 can of 15 ounce cooked black beans, drained and rinsed||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Long grain white rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a 3- quart skillet or casserole, heat the oil over moderate flame.
2. Add onion, garlic, and green pepper and cook, stirring until the onions are limp.
3. Tip in the tomatoes and season according to taste, sautéing for a few minutes until tomatoes are soft.
Add the beans and mix well to coat with the sauce.
4. Reduce heat to low, cover with lid and simmer beans for 15 minutes.
5. In the mean while boil the rice by adding it to a saucepan of salted water (about 2 cups)
6. When rice comes to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until rice is tender crisp and water has evaporated.
7. Dish out the beans and rice separately but serve together.
Calories 508 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.6%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 524.9 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g29.9%
Dietary Fiber 19.6 g78.2%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 17 g34.8%
Vitamin A 22% Vitamin C 62.3%
Calcium 15.3% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet