Ten Variety Fried Rice
|Chicken breast fillets||6 Ounce, boned, skinned (175 Gram)|
|Pork fillet||6 Ounce|
|Vegetable oil||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper||1 Large, cored, deseeded and chopped|
|Tomatoes||3 , skinned, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Green chilies||3 , deseeded, chopped|
|Prawns||8 Ounce, cooked, peeled, thawed if frozen (250 Grams)|
|Frozen crab sticks||4 , cut into bite-sized pieces|
|Long grain white rice||6 Ounce, boiled, drained (175 Grams)|
|Spring onion||2 , chopped|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato ketchup||1 Tablespoon|
|Caster sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Anchovy essence||2 Teaspoon|
1. Place chicken and pork in a poly bag and place it in the freezer for about 1 hour until just frozen.
2. In a cup, beat eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
3. In a jug mix all the sauce ingredients.
4. Cut the chicken and pork into thin strips.
5. In a frying pan, heat oil and add the egg mixture.
6. As the edge begins to set, draw the mixture towards the centre.
7. At the same time, tilt the pan slightly allowing the uncooked egg to run from the centre on to the hot base of the pan to set quickly.
8. Cook until the egg is brown underneath and soft on top.
9. Slide the omelet out of the pan onto a chopping board and roll up tightly; set aside.
10. Heat a wok and add remaining oil
11. Heat over moderate heat until hot.
12. Stir fry chicken and pork over high heat for 2-3 minutes until browned on all sides.
13. Stir fry each vegetable for 1-2 minutes.
14. Stir fry prawns and crab sticks for 2-3 minutes.
15. Add rice and sauce mixture and toss well.
16. Add salt and pepper to taste.
17. Stir-fry for few more minutes until the rice is hot.
18. Slice omelet into thin strips and arrange on top of the rice mixture.
19. Garnish with chopped spring onions.
20. Serve immediately.
Calories 620 Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.6%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 200.5 mg66.8%
Sodium 851.4 mg35.5%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g13%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 44 g88.3%
Vitamin A 40.9% Vitamin C 122.9%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet