Jeff Black Beans And Rice
|Canned chicken broth/Canned reduced-sodium chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped fine to make about 1 cup|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced to make 2 teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Canned black beans||32 Ounce, drained, rinsed (2 Sixteen-Ounce Cans)|
|Canned crushed tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh coriander||3 Tablespoon, chopped (Or To Taste)|
1) In a saucepan add chicken broth and rice and bring to a boil.
2) Reduce heat to low, cover tightly, and simmer for 18 to 20 minutes till rice is tender and liquid evaporated.
3) In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil and cook onion and garlic over moderate heat for 5 minutes till onion is softened.
4) Add beans, tomatoes, vinegar, and cayenne, and simmer for 5 minutes.
5) Mix reserved rice, coriander, and salt and pepper to taste.
6) Serve hot.