Bacon Black Eyed Pea And Rice Casserole
|Bacon slices||4 , diced|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Hot water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Black eyed peas||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cooked|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot pepper sauce||1 Dash|
1) In a casserole dish, cook bacon and onion on high power for 7 to 9 minutes or until bacon turns crisp, stirring once.
2) Stir in the remaining ingredients and cover the dish.
3) Cook, covered, on high power for 7 to 8 minutes or until the liquid boils.
4) Cook, covered, on medium power for 14 to 16 minutes or until the rice turns soft. Stir as required.
5) Let stand covered for 10 minutes.
6) A perfect breakfast to start a day, is ready.
Calories 416 Calories from Fat 21
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.8%
Saturated Fat 0.73 g3.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.7 mg0.6%
Sodium 566.6 mg23.6%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g31%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 19 g38.8%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 8%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 38.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet