|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon (1/4 Stick)|
|Shallot||1 , finely minced|
|Long grain rice/Japanese rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Long-grain rice/Japanese rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) Preheat oven to the desired temperature of 375°.
2) Allow chicken stock to a boil.
3) In a heavy casserole,stir in butter until melted over moderate-high heat. 4) Now add the shallot and cook until soft and translucent for about 3 to 4 minutes.
5) Lower the heat to medium then add rice and cook until it turns opaque, about 5 minutes.
6) Mix rice in the boiling stock, add the herbs, if you wish and cover with lid. 7) Place the casserole in the middle of the hot oven and bake for 18 minutes. 8) The liquid should be evaporated and the rice should become fluffy.
9) Correct seasoning if required and serve immediately.