Baked Green Rice
|Hot cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Shredded monterey jack cheese/Mild cheddar cheese||8 Ounce (2 Cups)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned green chilies||4 Ounce, drained, seeded, and chopped (1 Can)|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Generously grease a 2-quart baking dish or casserole with butter or oil.
3. To the hot rice, add cheese, butter, chilies, parsley, onion, salt, and pepper.
4. Toss well until all the ingredients and thoroughly mixed.
5. Blend the eggs and milk and gently stir into the rice mixture.
6. Turn the mixture into the baking dish and cover with lid or foil.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
8. Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes.
9. Serve hot straight out of the oven.