Curried Veal With Rice
|Lean veal||12 Ounce|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Curry powder||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Stock/Water plus stock cube||1⁄2 Pint|
|Sweet chutney||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Of 1/2 Lemon)|
|Long grain rice||6 Ounce|
1) Trim veal and cube.
2) Preheat moderate oven 335°F. - Gas Mark 3.
3) Heat butter in a skillet. Brown veal in it and transfer to a casserole dish.
4) Stir in onion into butter and sauté for 5 minutes.
5) Gently stir in flour and curry powder.
6) Add stock and mix well. Bring the mixture to boil.
7) Mix chutney along with large pieces, brown sugar and lemon juice. Mix thoroughly.
8) Pour the mixture over the veal in the casserole.
10) Cover and put in oven to bake for 2 hours.
11) In a saucepan boil water in salt and cook rice in it. Cook for 10 minutes until tender.
12) Drain and put on the saucepan for 5 minutes.
13) Serve the hot rice on a plate and spoon curried veal on top.
Calories 904 Calories from Fat 353
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g60.9%
Saturated Fat 17.9 g89.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152.5 mg50.8%
Sodium 527.9 mg22%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.7%
Sugars 14 g
Protein 41 g81.5%
Vitamin A 9.3% Vitamin C 17%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 27.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet