|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Onion||1 Small, finely diced|
|Peeled seeded chopped tomatoes||500 Milliliter|
|Long grain rice||500 Milliliter|
|Chicken stock||1 Liter|
|Tomato juice||500 Milliliter|
1) Slice the bacon into fine cubes.
2) Fry the diced bacon along with garlic and onion.
3) Stir in tomatoes and then heat gently until the most of the moisture has evaporated.
4) Add in rice, mixing well.
5) Pour in chicken stock, tomato juice, chervil, salt and pepper.
6) Simmer the mixture, covered until the rice is soft and has absorbed the liquid.
7) Serve hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2477 Calories from Fat 201
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.3%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 43.8 mg14.6%
Sodium 2948.1 mg122.8%
Total Carbohydrates 488 g162.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.8 g43.2%
Sugars 52 g
Protein 73 g145.9%
Vitamin A 134.8% Vitamin C 283.6%
Calcium 28% Iron 64.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet