Rice And Beans
|Red kidney beans||8 Ounce, dried (250 Gram)|
|Coconut milk||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Fresh thyme sprigs||2|
|Spring onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Fresh green chilies||1 , deseeded and finely chopped|
|Long grain rice||1 Pound (500 Gram)|
1) In a large bowl, soak the red kidney beans in cold water overnight.
2) In a large pan, cook the kidney beans in 900 ml / 1 1/2 pints boiling water for about 30 minutes, until almost tender.
3) Stir in the coconut milk, spring onions, thyme, chili, salt and pepper to taste, then bring to a boil and boil rapidly for 5 minutes.
4) Stir in the rice and gently simmer over a low heat for about 20-25 minutes until almost dry, drain the rice and beans if required.
5) Spoon into a serving dish and serve immediately.