|Japanese short grain rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cold water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Sushi vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Add the rice to the colander and wash it until the water turns clear this will take about 2 minutes of time.
2. Add rice in rice cooker or pot along with cold water and soak it for about an hour.
3. Turn the heat to high and boil the rice.
4. Simmer it for another 20-25 minutes until the water gets completely absorbed.
5. Turn off the heat and allow it to stand for another 10 minutes.
6. Uncover the rice and turn it over any large non metallic bowl.
7. Moisten it using the wooden spoon or wooden rice paddle.
8. Spoon ¼ cu of sushi vinegar over the rice and fan it with one hand and gently toss it with wooden paddle or spoon.
9. Continue with the cooling technique until the rice is cooled to the body temperature.
10. Vinegar is needed for more seasoning and add it only about one tablespoon at a time and continue to fan and stir it.
11. The rice starts looking glossy and taste sour and sweet.
12. Cover the rice bowl with moist cloth and set it aside.
13. Serve as required.