Lake Of The Woods Wild Rice
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, finley chopped|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Wild rice||4 Ounce|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), soaked|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2) In a skillet, gently saute the onion in butter until soft. Alternately, cook in the microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
3) Stir in the mushrooms and gently saute for few minutes. Alternately, cook in the microwave on MED-HIGH for 2 minutes.
4) Add rice and gently stir over a low heat for 3 minutes, stirring continuously. Alternately, cook in the microwave on LOW-MEDIUM for 1 minute.
5) Then stir in the pepper, chicken stock and raisins soaked in brandy.
6) Pour the mixture in a 6-cup casserole dish, cover and bake in the oven for about 50 minutes or until rice is tender and almost dry.
7) Serve immediately in a nice plate.
Calories 196 Calories from Fat 51
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9%
Saturated Fat 3 g15%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.4 mg4.8%
Sodium 176.1 mg7.3%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.8%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 7 g13.7%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet