Chicken with Rice
|Onion||1 , minced|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Joint the chickens separating the breasts and leg portions from the bony portions which can be kept for another purpose.
2. In a large kettle or casserole, melt the butter over a medium flame..
3. Add the chicken pieces and brown the evenly.
4. Add onions parsley and cloves and sauté for a few minutes.
5. Tip in the tomato sauce and stock and stir well.
6. Cover casserole and simmer until chicken is tender about 40-50 minutes, stirring occasionally
7. Carefully remove the chicken on a platter and keep warm.
8. Season to taste.
9. Serve the chicken with steamed rice.
Calories 958 Calories from Fat 517
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g88.4%
Saturated Fat 18.5 g92.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 321.2 mg107.1%
Sodium 587.5 mg24.5%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 96 g191.9%
Vitamin A 25.6% Vitamin C 26%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 24.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet