1. Preheat the oven to 350° F
2. Grease a baking or soufflé dish with butter.
3. Cover carrots with water and bring to a boil.
4. Drain and combine with onions.
5. Add cheese, egg, rice and seasonings to the bowl and mix gently but thoroughly using a spatula or wooden spoon.
6. Turn into the soufflé dish and place in a water bath in the preheated oven.
7. Bake for almost 40 minutes until set and lightly browned on top.
8. Take the soufflé dish straight from the oven to the table.
9. Serve along with a curry or stew.