Grilled Rice And Tuna Peppers
|Wild rice||2 Ounce (60 Gram /1/3 Cup)|
|Brown rice||2 Ounce (60 Gram /1/3 Cup)|
|Assorted pepper||4 (Medium, Bell)|
|Canned tuna in brine||7 Ounce, drained and flaked (200 Gram)|
|Canned sweet corn kernels||11 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (325 Gram, 1 Can, With No Added Sugar Or Salt)|
|Reduced fat cheddar cheese||3 1⁄2 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Fresh basil leaves||1 Ounce, shredded (1 Bunch)|
|Dry white breadcrumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, freshly grated|
|Fresh basil leaves||1⁄2 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
|Salad leaves||1⁄2 Tablespoon (To Serve)|
1. Place the 2 rices in different saucepans, cover with water and cook according to the instructions on the packet. Drain well.
2. Meanwhile, preheat the grill (broiler) to medium. Halve the (bell) peppers, remove the seeds and stalks and arrange the peppers on the grill (broiler) rack, cut side down. Cook for 5 minutes, turn over and cook for a further 4—5 minutes.
3. Transfer the cooked rice to a mixing bowl and add the flaked tuna and drained sweetcorn. Gently fold in the grated Cheddar. Mix in the basil leaves and season to taste.
4. Divide the tuna and rice mixture into 8 equal portions. Pile each portion into each cooked (bell) pepper half. Mix together the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese and sprinkle the mixture over each (bell) pepper.
5. Place the (bell) peppers back under the grill (broiler) for 4-5 minutes until hot and golden-brown. Serve immediately, garnished with fresh basil leaves and accompanied with fresh, crisp salad leaves.