Rice with Bamboo Shoots
|Bamboo shoot||7 Ounce, chopped small (200 Gram)|
|Aburaage||1 , rinsed in boiling water and cut into thin strips (Deep Fried Tofu Pouch)|
|Dashi broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Short grain rice||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), rinsed (Reserve Rinse Water If Boiling Bamboo Shoot)|
|Water||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs)|
|Buds of sansho pepper/Watercress /shiso leaves /basil /parsley||1⁄2 Teaspoon, garnish (Kinome, For Garnish)|
1) Remove 2-3 outer layers of the shoot and trim 1 inch tip; make a deep cut vertically on the shoot towards its center.
2) In water from washing rice submerge the shoots and allow to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer for 40-50 min until tender; cool, skin and soak the shoot in clear water.
3) In a saucepan, add the bamboo shoots and tofu pouch pieces in dashi broth, soy sauce, sugar, and 2 tbsp sake, simmer until the liquid disappears.
4) In a pot add the rice with the water and 2 tbsp of sake and allow to a boil; place the shoots and tofu pouch pieces over the rice, avoid stirring and simmer further; stir when the rice is cooked.
5) Sprinkle with sansho pepper buds and serve immediately.