Baked Carrots And Rice
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Carrots||3 Cup (48 tbs), grated|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Summer savory||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry||3 Tablespoon|
|Cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
1. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with milk and keep aside.
2. Grease a square baking dish with butter.
3. Cut a piece of foil to cover the baking dish.
4. Preheat oven to 325° F.
5. In a large skillet, melt the butter over a medium flame.
6. When all the butter has melted, add carrots and onions and gently stir fry for about 15 minutes until they are soft with a bit of crunchiness.
7. Sprinkle herbs, spices and seasonings and tip in the sherry.
8. Stir to mix well and take pan off the heat.
9. Add the rice to the vegetables and lightly stir to mix.
10. Pour the egg and milk mixture over the rice and gently toss until mixed.
11. Turn the rice mixture into the prepared baking dish.
12. Cover the dish with the foil and pinch at the edges to seal.
13. Place the dish in a pan with ½ inch hot water poured into it.
14. Carefully place the pan with the dish in the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes, Continue baking without the foil covering for about 30 minutes longer until the eggs are set
15. Remove dish from the pan and oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
16. Cut into serving size squares and serve warm as a side dish.