Pork Chops and Rice
|Pork loin chops||1 3⁄4 Pound, cut 3/4 inch thick|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Green pepper||1 Small, cut into strips|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||7 1⁄2 Ounce, cut up|
|Instant chicken bouillon granules||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground sage||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried rosemary||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Ground pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Canned carrots||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
1) Cut off the fat from chops.
2) In a 12" skillet, saute the chops in heated oil until evenly brown.
3) Remove the chops and sprinkle with salt.
4) In the same skillet, add the onion, uncooked rice, onion, and green pepper.
5) Add water, undrained tomatoes, sage, bouillon granules, rosemary, and pepper.
6) Place the chops over the rice mixture.
7) Simmer covered for about 20 min or until the rice is cooked.
8) Spoon in the carrots around the chops.
9)Simmer covered for further 5 min or until the carrots are heated well.
10) Serve in a nice dish.
Calories 395 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 91.3 mg30.4%
Sodium 718.4 mg29.9%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 31 g61.3%
Vitamin A 91.1% Vitamin C 26.9%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet