Rice and Chicken
|Fryer||1 , disjointed|
|Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onions||4 Medium, sliced|
|Chickpeas||2 Can (20 oz)|
1) In a large skillet heat butter and cook chicken till half done.
2) Pout enough water to cover the chicken and add 2 teaspoons salt, small onion, pepper and cinnamon. Bring to boiling point.
3) Reduce the flame and simmer till chicken is done.
4) Drain chicken from skillet and keep aside.
5) Sieve and reserve broth.
6) Soak rice in hot, salted water.
7) In the skillet melt 1/4 cup butter.
8) Add sliced onions and season with salt. Fry till light brown and keep aside.
9) In a 4-quart saucepan put chicken and add peas.
10) Add onions, pepper and cinnamon.
11) Strain rice and put on onions.
12) On the reserved broth add water to make 4 cups liquid.
13) Pour on the rice and bring to boil.
14) Cook covered till rice is done and liquid evaporates.
15) Place upside down on a large plate.