Shrimp and Rice Casserole
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||30 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Shrimp/Scampi||1⁄2 Pound, deveined|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Dice the bacon and fry it slowly till it has crisped properly. Take the bacon out and drain it on a paper towel.
3) To the bacon fat left behind, add onions and rice and cook over low flame for nearly 5 minutes. Transfer the contents to a casserole.
4) To the casserole, add the tomatoes, a cup of water, seasoning and bay leaf. Cover the casserole and cook for about 30 minutes.
5) Add the bacon and shrimp and cook for 10 mote minutes.
6) Serve hot.